Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry is a faculty of Queen Mary University of London. Whether you wish to do a PhD, MPhil, MSc or Diploma, Barts and the London provides a stimulating, creative and forward thinking environment located in the most vibrant part of London.
Watch our short film showcasing the technology, learning and research within the new Dental School
All about graduate studies at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University.
Watch more videos about Barts and The London
Barts and The London – postgraduate study
We offer a large portfolio of both clinical medicine and dentistry and non-clinical medical science postgraduate programmes, taught by academics who are leaders in their respective fields
- We are leaders in the provision of part-time and distance learning masters courses (for both clinicians and non-clinicians), allowing people to study while continuing in employment and living at home or elsewhere
- We have 1,000 postgraduate students and over 400 research staff
- £140m turnover and annual research grant of over £50m
- Ranked 5th (Public Health, Health Services and Primary Care) and 6th (Clinical Medicine) of the multi-faculty institutions in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
- Top-rated UK dental school for quality of dental research (REF 2014)
- We have recently completed a brand-new dental school and hospital, the first in the UK for 40 years
- We have one of the most picturesque campuses in London – Charterhouse Square, home to the William Harvey Research, Barts Cancer and Wolfson Institutes
- Strategic partnerships with linked NHS and Hospital trusts, including Barts Health, Homerton, the East London Foundation Trust and Queens’ (Romford), mean that the School’s research and teaching is informed by an exceptionally wide-ranging clinical environment
- As part of Queen Mary University of London, the School plays a central role in QMUL’s burgeoning cross-departmental Life Sciences Initiative. The opportunity for medical, natural and social scientists to work together while leveraging unrivalled access to a huge and diversified population base in a post-genomic era is astounding.